Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Perceptions and Reflections - My time gettin' schooled . . . Season 2

Pilot

Word arrived today that a brand new season of Perceptions and Reflections has been confirmed for Fall 2016, starring Mrs. Gibson. This season's adventures will take place in two different 6th grade classrooms at Foothills Elementary. The split in setting is due to the school's year-round schedule. Since Sixth Graders are still in elementary school in Utah, the class will be similar to the ones I've observed in, with multiple subjects being taught in the same room by the same teacher. Of course, the concepts will be more advanced, but I have all summer to learn the curriculum standards and make sure that I know all of the content that I will be teaching the kids. I'll be able to make contact with the teacher soon, so I can find out if we can meet over the summer, or if I can come in during her planning days before the year starts and help her get ready. I'm excited and terrified, but have every confidence this will be one of the greatest experiences of my life! Stay tuned for Episode 1 ~ Summer Planning.