Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pray for Paris, Peace and Humanity - Day 7

Okay, so I'm a little late with Day 7.  Don't judge.

Today I say a prayer of thanks. I’m grateful to live in a place where I can receive quality dental care for a reasonable price. I’m grateful for a job that provides health insurance. I’m grateful for the people who are willing to spend years in school learning how to take care of my teeth, and for the educational system that allows them to do so. I pray for the extension of these ‘necessities’ (a.k.a. luxuries) to the rest of the world, in whatever fashion it can be afforded to them. Working in the healthcare industry for 25 years could very well have swayed my vote, but I believe that quality care for all parts of our bodies and minds is something that no living thing should do without.  After a trip to the dentist, I learned I have two cavities in my molars ~ my first in decades ~ and two more in my stubborn and wonky wisdom teeth. Since one of those is inaccessible due to the wise tooth’s sideways ascent into my jawbone, the dentist recommended removing the smarties and filling the molars.  So, I took the plunge and scheduled my appointment for December 11. (That will be another post.) Wish me luck.

In the meantime, we gear up for Thanksgiving. I read my blog from last year, and it still rings true, so I’ll share it again, with a few timely revisions, as Thanksgiving Revisited.