Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pray for Paris, Peace, and Humanity - Day 3

Day 3. I’m back to work after my CT scan which, thankfully, did not take the hour-and-a-half that the registrar predicted. In 15 short minutes, I was in and out, and my headache and I were on our way to work. As the collective prayer time approaches, I read of a college closed for threatening activity, a 4-year old killed in a road rage accident, the rape of an 11-year old, a lion that took down an antelope on a tourist-filled road, and I grieve for them. I read a hateful and damning message on my niece’s Facebook page and ache over her hardened heart. I worry about my health, my children’s safety, my family’s well-being, my husband’s happiness. I pray for peace. I pray for humanity. I pray for the world. Soften our hearts, Lord. Hear our pleas for Your grace. Walk beside us as we navigate this ungodly earth. Lead us toward You, God, and away from the hatred and evil that is quickly taking us over.