Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life . . . Gibson style.

It’s been a whirlwind two months, so I feel like I need to provide an update. First off, sorry for taking so long to blog.  My camera is still broken and not yet replaced.  'nuf said.

Our schmealthy year is off to a good start!  Dave and I have been walking nightly, between three and four miles, and trying to keep our plates more toward the nutritional side.  We are feeling so much better!  The kids are doing their own thing, as usual, but are both feeling good, looking great, and learning Latin (just kidding).   

OK.  You got me.  I did have some other motivation besides my post about having a Shmealthy New Year.  Dave and I leave for Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic TOMORROW!!!!!  Can I get a whoop whoop?  It’s been about 5 years since we’ve been on a big vacation like that, and we’re very excited.  The only downside is not being able to take the kids (you got me again, not really a downside for us, but definitely one for them!)  Dave won the trip through his company for having the highest percentage of increase in sales for Yokohama tires of any of the stores within his company.  Good job, honey.  I’ll try to get some pictures blogged within six months.  :)

Three of the four of us are in school.  Brian is doing well as a freshman, especially socially.  I swear there’s a new kid at my house every day when I come home.  He got his braces off last week and has a beautiful big white smile.  He’s currently 6’ 1-½” barefoot.  (Actually, that was yesterday.  Today, it’s probably closer to 6’2”.)  Sarah is a sophomore at Salt Lake Community College, looking to start her nursing classes in Spring 2013.  She is a hostess at Mimi’s Café and likes having some expendable funds.  I am also a sophomore at Salt Lake Community College, and anticipate getting my Associates degree after four or five more classes.  Then, I’ll transfer to the University of Utah to finish up my teaching degree.

The kids and I recently went to Seattle to visit my uncle Larry who is 93.  We had so much fun!  Although we didn’t do all of the touristy things we wanted to, we did get to spend LOTS of time with him, which was our primary reason for going, as well as with my cousin Susan, and my other uncle, Carl & his wife Marilyn.  It was enough of a taste of the beautiful city to want to go back.  In fact, we told Larry that we would come to visit again in August.



Besides Punta Cana (did I mention we leave TOMORROW!!!!!), the kids will be heading to Colorado at some point in the summer, and we will be going back east as a family over the 4th of July.  We are looking very forward to those trips!

Hmmm  . . . what else?   Oh, yeah.  I got a new job.  Same company, just a new position.  I’m now supporting the President/CEO instead of two vice presidents.  It’s exciting and busy so far (OMG, so busy!), but I am still supporting the others until my replacement is hired.  So, that’s fun. 

I think that’s about it for now!  What’s up wichu?  Email us anytime at dssbgibson@msn.com, or post comments here!

Peace out.