Monday, December 5, 2011

Warmer-ish Weather ~ Here we come!

~ Forgot to hit Publish.  Better late than never? ~

Thanksgiving morning, and here we are in St. George.  What?  Yup.

We're staying in a Country Inn and Suites hotel for three nights, enjoying Thanksgiving as a foursome.  It seems to be our new thing.  Last year, we made turkey and all the timmings and hung out by ourselves.  It was the first holiday that we had celebrated with 'just us,' and we loved it!  Although it was weird to not be with extended family, we did have a great time with our own kids and each other.  So, we're doing it again.  We feel so lucky to live close to many of our family members on both my and Dave's sides, so there are ample other occasions to celebrate with them.  Do I sound like I'm trying to convince myself that it's okay?  I guess I am, partially.  But then I think about what I would be doing right now if I weren't sitting in a hotel bed in my pjs with a cup of coffee and my laptop, and I remember why I'm here.  :)

But, on this Day of Thanks, I want to share what I am thankful for.
  • My family
  • Our Health
  • Having all of my needs and most of my wants available to me
  • My beautiful home
  • A church family
  • A truck that's almost fixed
  • Great neighbors who are making sure my house is okay while I'm gone
  • The kennel staff who are taking care of my four-legged kids so I can have a weekend with my two-legged ones
  • My job, and my fun coworkers
  • Fellow bloggers who keep me learning, inspired, and challenged to remember who I am, why I am here, and what I should be focusing on
  • 11:11 on 11/11/11 and a clear path
  • The country I live in and the plenty it affords me
  • My decision to go back to school and how all of those pieces are falling into place
  • So many other things that would take more than a day to chronicle.
As I send my thanks upward for my many life blessings, I am also praying for many who are not as fortunate.

We hope that you had a great Thanksgiving with whatever composes your family, and that you have lots and lots and lots to be thankful for in your life.